Friday, October 19, 2007

Anime and video games?

I met with my clients, the public relations director and the young adult librarian at the new Castle Public Library, on Tuesday this week to talk with them about the PSAs I'm making for them. They were very pleased with my ideas, and loved the radio spot I played for them. They promised to help me in any way they could, and were very excited that I wanted to do PSAs that promoted reading to the people in my generation. Apparently they get the least readership in that area, which is why we decided on that age group. What they're using right now to get young people into the library is anime clubs and video game parties, which is actually what some churches have been doing as well. So I hope that my PSAs have at least some impact on young adults, because I believe reading is very important.

No comments: