Friday, September 21, 2007

And you thought it was only in movies...

Well, I have much more respect for commercial makers now. It is not an easy job. I was handed an idea for a commercial, and I still had a crazy time putting everything together. Once I got a script written, I had to revise it after being advised against two person shots with dialogue. Then I had to cast actors, and find a time schedule that everyone was free during (including the camera). Luckily it was nice and sunny out during that time, because it mostly takes place outside. Another problem I ran into was having a car to use as a prop, because I don't own one. Luckily, a friend of one of the actresses had one that he was willing to let us use, so that worked out nicely. I'm also grateful to one of the members of my capstone class, because she was my tech person, and she was great at it. It's nice to have people you can turn to for help, because it's impossible to do everything on your own. So now I am relieved to have everything shot, but the next goal will be editing this weekend.

I also made a resume this week, and went to the career center today to help me perfect it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it down to one page and make it look professional. More goals!

2 comments:

Deg said...

Being able to ask for--and accept--help is critical to the success of any project. In many of my graphic design projects, I'll get a nice design done. But it's not until after my coworkers see it and make suggestions does it really become polished. Those added eyes, minds, and skills are invaluable to transform a project from good to awesome.

Unknown said...

So when do you post the spot?